According to Gartner, on average, mobility and telecom spend represents more than 15% of the whole IT budget, making it one of the largest IT line items. Even though these spend types represent a large portion of the budget, they are often segregated and managed separately from the rest of IT. No matter if your company manages mobility and telecom internally or with an external Managed Mobility Services (MMS)/Telecom Expense Management (TEM) provider, some of the most common challenges include:
- Mobility and telecom assets, usage, and charges are stored in isolated databases, not accessible by the entire organization
- MMS/TEM-related incidents and requests are handled outside of an enterprise’s IT service management (ITSM) platform and don’t follow standard processes
- User information, workflows, approvals, catalogs, and ordering information have to be duplicated and kept in sync with various management systems
- Business integrations with HR, Finance and ITSM are few and far between and challenging to maintain
- “Integrations” are often flat file exchanges, requiring bulk uploads & processing that are not real-time updates
In addition to the challenges stated above, Service Managers struggle from having to perform a lot of manual tasks, some of these include:
- Creating and updating spreadsheets for management reporting
- Performing MACD changes
- Placing orders with carriers
- Reconciling invoice charges to inventory and contract information and then disputing with carriers accordingly
- Researching questions in multiple databases to understand variances and discrepancies
As you can see, the challenges are numerous and are impossible to address on an isolated platform. The key is to leverage the power of the ServiceNow platform to automate workflows across mobility, telecom, IT, and finance Teams. This can only be achieved by leveraging a native application that provides functionality that is unique to managing mobile and telecom providers. By getting everyone on the same platform, Teams can strategically manage the entirety of the IT estate more efficiently, with clear visibility across the whole organization.
Why Manage MMS and TEM Programs on ServiceNow?
ServiceNow are the market leader in ITSM with more than 5,000 customers and 42 percent of G2K enterprises as customers. In addition, ServiceNow was recently named “The most innovative company of 2018” by Forbes and pride themselves on being the company that “makes work, work better for people.” Their goal is to help IT services seamlessly flow throughout the organization and to automate manual work along the way. Some standard ServiceNow ITSM functionalities include:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Management
- Reports and Dashboards
- Asset and Cost Management
- Service Level Management
- Agent Intelligence
In addition to possessing core functionalities that are vital to managing communications, ServiceNow also provides important access to users, locations, cost centers, integrations to HR systems, ERP solutions and more. Today, the ServiceNow Platform sits at the heart of enterprise systems, expertly driving a seamless end-user experience, leveraging its simple user interface and robust workflow automation.
Ultimately, ServiceNow provides a powerful, enterprise platform that enables work to flow seamlessly across the organization. Being built on ServiceNow, MobiChord takes advantage of the powerful platform and brings industry-specific expertise and integrations that are unique to managing mobility, telecom and other IT assets.
ServiceNow is the platform you have chosen to strategically manage IT services and automate workflow across the enterprise. It simply makes sense to have a single system of record where ALL of IT can be managed.
Why MobiChord, can’t I simply manage mobility and telecom directly on ServiceNow?
Many companies have made an effort to manage their mobility and telecom requests on ServiceNow, but simply managing requests and incidents isn’t enough! To realize the full value ServiceNow provides, assets, expenses, and usage all need to be managed within the Platform.
To date, ServiceNow hasn’t provided an out-of-the-box capability to manage telecom and mobile natively on their platform for expense and procurement purposes. This means for enterprises to implement these integrations would require an extraordinary amount of time and resource to create an entire solution.
MobiChord has already done that work for you. MobiChord aggregates volumes of data from your carriers, maps the inventory and invoice data into ServiceNow, tracks changes to that inventory, and consolidates the user experience into a consistent, easy-to-use interface. The result is that no matter how many different carriers and service providers an enterprise has, MobiChord brings unity and ease of use to an otherwise decentralized and fragmented user experience.
The MobiChord Application on ServiceNow
MobiChord helps companies manage mobile and telecom estates on ServiceNow as part of their entire IT environment. Our Application seamlessly integrates internal and external service providers to offer a single, business-facing solution to automate all aspects of managing mobility, telecom, IoT, and cloud expenses. Managing MMS and TEM programs on ServiceNow helps provide consumer-like experiences, total visibility and control, and significant cost savings.
The MobiChord application includes the following capabilities on the ServiceNow platform:
- Integrates with carriers for ordering and invoice processing
- Ingests and normalizes invoice data from any carrier globally
Invoice Processing, Reconciliation, Audit
- Loads carrier contract data for visibility and audit functions
- Integrates inventories from EMM solutions, carriers, and internal sources into CMDB
- Automates reconciliation of invoice data to inventory, locations, and users
- Runs audit rules against contracts, flags exceptions, and tracks dispute resolution
- Leverages workflows for invoice approvals, order authorizations, and exception management
- Allocates charges to cost centers based on enterprise policies
- Right-sizes plans and pools based on usage
- Optimizes expenses based on usage, user status, or location status
- Simplifies self-service for any user-centric service request or support needs
- Supports end-user specific catalog ordering in a consolidated portal – no further need to access multiple carrier portals
- Provides complex fixed telecom ordering workflows for network engineers
- Enables Move/Add/Change/Disconnect (MACD) activity on the assets in the CMDB keeping the inventory updated in real time and making sure the assets are assigned to the correct users, locations and cost centers
- Tracks mobile and telecom related requests and incidents in ServiceNow so service desk agents can more quickly resolve tickets – no more swivel chairing
- Compares invoiced charges to budget, forecast, and previous periods
- Analyzes spend by period, carrier, location, country, and usage details
- Provides analytics that are actionable directly from the portal
- Empowers enterprises to visualize, analyze and act
If you are interested in managing mobile, voice, data, cloud or IoT within ServiceNow, schedule a demo with MobiChord. Learn how managing technology with ServiceNow will help your company deliver better services at a lower cost